On January 13, 2016 HomeAid Atlanta announced its tenth annual awards during the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association’s Installation and Awards Program at the Hyatt Atlanta Perimeter at Villa Christina. The award recipients are passionate about HomeAid Atlanta’s mission of building new lives for Atlanta’s homeless through housing and community outreach, and gave generously of their time and talents in 2015:
• 2015 Builder of the Year –Brian Canady, BBC Builders
• 2015 Trade Partner of the Year –Boral Building Products
• 2015 Volunteer of the Year –Atlanta’s Best New Homes TV Thanks to the support of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders
Association, corporate sponsors, donors, and volunteers, 2015 was a great year for HomeAid:
• Two major build projects were completed: a six-unit apartment building at Rainbow Village in Duluth with builder captain Harcrest Homes, and a total renovation at The Drake House with builder captain Vincent Longo Custom Builders.
• Two new major projects were started: an eight-unit building at Phoenix Pass in Conyers with builder captain Cooper Homes, and a renovation for homeless veterans at Jesus Set the Captive Free in Southwest Atlanta with builder captain BBC Builders.
• Over 160,000 baby items were collected during HomeAid’s 14th Annual Essentials Drive for homeless babies and their moms.
• 1,200 HomeAid CareKits were assembled and distributed at the Atlanta Community Food Bank.
• 8 HomeAid Care Days for local transitional service providers were completed at no charge to them, with a combined value of approximately $40,000.
HomeAid Atlanta made great strides in building new lives for Atlanta’s homeless families and individuals in 2015 and looks forward to building hope for Atlanta’s homeless in 2016. At least two new major build projects are on the horizon as well as another 6-8 Care Days, the annual Essentials Drive, Housing the Homeless Golf Tournament and more!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org find out how to get involved in 2016.